500 gr chicken breasts
1/4 cup Beary Berry Honey Lemon Honey
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp minced thyme, lemon thyme or basil (use half the amount of dried herbs)
- In a small pan or pot over medium heat, melt the honey, then whisk in the olive oil and herbs.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Let the marinade cool completely. Reserve 2 tbsp of the marinade in a small bowl for basting later.
- Place the chicken and the remaining marinade in a large resealable bag. Squeeze out as much of the air as you can, seal and then massage the meat. Place in the fridge and marinate at least 3 to 4 hours or until you are ready to cook them. Massage the meat and turn over at least once while it marinates.
- Oven Cooking: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking pan with tin foil and place the marinated chicken on it. (Discard the used marinade.) Place in the hot oven and roast about 30 minutes or until they are cooked through (depends how thick they are).
- Grill Cooking: Preheat the grill until very hot. Place the meat on the grill, reduce flame to medium and cook until good grill marks are formed and the chicken easily lifts from the grate. Turn the meat over often and brush with the reserved fresh marinade. Turn at least one more time, brushing again with reserved marinade, and continue to grill until meat is thoroughly cooked, no longer pink inside and juices run clear.
- Serve with your choice of veggies or side dish.
- Try on chicken thighs, pork chops, roast pork loin, pork tenderloin, or kebabs.
- Try Key Lime Honey, Tangerine Honey, or half Lemon Honey half Ginger Honey
Recipe created by Ruth Baerg, adapted by Amanda Thiessen.