Keep a pitcher of this in the fridge for quick snacks or early morning meal after your work out. Stir before pouring. Freezes well. Serves 2.
30 red grapes
1/4 cup blueberries
1 cup strawberries
1/4 cup raspberries
1/2 cup 8 cherries, pitted
1/4 cup blackberries
1/2 medium apple
1 cup cooked chickpeas or white beans – cannelini, navy, kidney, etc.
1 to 2 tbsp Beary Berry Honey (see suggested varieties below)
water as needed
- Put everything in a blender with 1/4 cup of water and blend. Add more water to get to the consistency you like. (Smoothie will be thicker if you use frozen fruit.)
- Enjoy right away, keep in the fridge a couple of days, portion and freeze, or pour into popsicle moulds and freeze for a healthy and delicious frozen treat.
Tips / Suggestions
- Beary Berry Honey liquid or creamed honey works great, or try one of our fruit honeys such as: Strawberry, Red Raspberry, Black Raspberry, Saskatoon, Blueberry, or Pomegranate.
- You can use any combination of fruits you like, fresh or frozen. There are several frozen berry blends that are great.
- Beans add great whole protein. If you want to bump it up even more, add rice, pumpkin or hemp protein powder, available at health food stores and many pharmacies and supermarkets.
Recipe adapted from one by ElaineWilson.com.