These granola bars are quick and easy to make and put away for lunches and snacks! The recipe is very flexible which means you can add whatever you’d like to suit your taste.
Makes 12 bars.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/8 cup ground flax seeds
1/4 cup Beary Berry Honey Liquid Honey (more if needed)
- Combine the oats, peanut butter, almonds, chocolate chips, flax seeds, and honey in a medium sized bowl. Add more honey if needed to hold shape.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and press the oat mixture into the pan.
- Freeze pan for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until firm. Remove the parchment paper from the pan and cut the large square in half. Then cut each half into 6 rectangles. Wrap the bars individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer or refrigerator.
- Try substituting the chocolate chips with raisins or cranberries.
- Try adding 1/8 cup chia seeds or sunflower seeds.
- Try using any of our flavoured honeys instead of plain honey for a unique flavour every time.