With autumn comes the boon of harvest vegetables. Carrots are readily available any time of year, but this recipe is also delicious with yam and squash.
3 tbsp Beary Berry Honey
2 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp coarse black pepper (1/2 tsp fine ground pepper)
12 large carrots
1 tbsp minced fresh herbs – thyme, sage, rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the carrots into 1/2″ rounds. For the skinnier ends and for skinnier carrots, cut thicker rounds or segments so all the pieces will cook evenly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots and coat them well. Spread them out on a large, parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast the carrots in the oven about 45 minutes. Stir them gently a couple of times until they’re just tender and nicely glazed.
- Spoon the carrots back into the large bowl and toss with the fresh herbs. Taste and adjust seasoning if you feel it needs it.
- Tip the carrots into a serving bowl or onto a platter, or divide among individual plates.