This salad is excellent with any strong-tasting leafy green like spinach, arugula, kale, tatsoi, chicory, beet greens, mustard greens, radicchio, etc.
125 gr spinach leaves (or other greens)
100 to 150 gr crumbled or diced goat/sheep cheese
1/2 cup toasted nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, pistachios, etc.)
a handful of cooked, crumbled bacon, preferably from a local farm
6 to 8 tbsp Beary Berry Honey Strawberry Lemon Vinaigrette
- If the leaves are quite large, roughly tear them into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Toss the greens with 4 to 4 tbsp of the Strawberry Vinaigrette (less or more to your taste) then divide the greens among 8 salad plates.
- Sprinkle with some of the goat cheese, then nuts, then berries – add a bit more of everything until your salad looks scrumptious.
- Drizzle with more vinaigrette if you choose.
- Don’t dress the salad until shortly before serving as vinaigrette will cause the greens to wilt.
- Lots of local sources for greens, berries and cheese. Check out your local farmers markets. The Cheesiry sheep and goat cheeses are great for this salad.
- Change up the berries/fruit/nuts and try one of our other vinaigrettes for this salad: Raspberry Balsamic, Cranberry Cherry, or Moroccan Blueberry (with blueberries, pistachios and feta cheese).
- Toasted nuts are great – candied nuts are even better!
Recipe and image copyright ElaineWilson.com, used with permission.