This recipe takes time and patience, but is so worth it in the end. Sticky, sweet goodness! Serves 6 to 12.
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp granulated garlic, granulated
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1/2 cup Beary Berry Honey
1.5 kg chicken wings
2 tbsp sesame seeds, black & white for garnish
2 green onion, finely sliced – green part only
- Stir together the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and honey. Pour half the marinade into a large baking dish or large resealable bag and add the chicken wings. Massage to coat. Marinate at least 4 hours, overnight if you have time. Reserve the remaining marinade for basting the wings as they roast.
- When ready to cook, place oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil the foil.
- Arrange the meat in a single layer on the baking sheet (but don’t crowd – use two pans if your baking sheets are small).
- Roast the chicken wings about 20 minutes. Turn them over and roast another 15 minutes. Turn over, baste, and repeat every 10 minutes until gorgeous, sticky and cooked through, about 60 to 70 minutes total.
- Remove the pan from the oven, arrange the chicken wings on a platter, and garnish them with the sliced green onion and sesame seeds.
Tips, Suggestions & Information
- You can use our clear or creamed, 100% pure, unpasteurized honey. If you use our Ginger Honey, skip the ground ginger.
- If you like it spicy, add 1/2 tsp ground red chili or 1 to 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce to the marinade.
- This works well with chicken thighs. Simply roast longer to cook them through.
- This also works well for chicken skewers using thinly sliced boneless, skinless thighs or breasts. Marinate them just an hour or two.
- Works great with thinly sliced pork ribs or beef ribs – these benefit from marinating 24 hours.
Recipe and image copyright ElaineWilson.com, used with permission.