The recipe can be made in large batches and frozen for your own ready-to-use concentrate. Have fun with the flavours and experiment with different fruit and honeys.
zest of 5 to 6 large lemons
250 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (5 to 6 lemons)
250 ml Beary Berry Honey
2 cups strawberries, chopped
- Zest the lemons before juicing them.
- In a blender, puree together the lemon juice, honey and strawberries.
- Add the lemon zest and plus a couple of times (you don’t want to break it down too much).
- Bottle and keep in the fridge several days, or freeze in 1/2 cup portions.
To make lemonade, use 3 to 4 tbsp of concentrate per 8 oz of water, or to your taste.
Tips / Variations
- Works with liquid or creamed honey. If you like a sweeter lemonade, use more honey.
- No strawberries? No problem. Use our Strawberry Honey for a subtle strawberry lemonade.
- Skip the fruit altogether for simple lemonade concentrate.
- Use other citrus fruit to make different concentrates: lime, grapefruit, orange, Meyer lemon, tangerine, etc.
Recipe and image copyright ElaineWilson.com, used with permission.