These buttery, delicate shortbread cookies are the perfect addition to any tea time platter or simply for snacking on when you’re feeling something sweet!
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, cubed and room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Beary Berry Honey Lavender Honey
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add Lavender Honey and beat until just combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add flour mixture and beat until just moistened (it will be a bit crumbly). Form dough into a ball and wrap in plastic. Allow dough to chill for 45 minutes in the fridge.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350℉. Take half of your dough and place it on a lightly floured sheet of parchment or wax paper, sprinkle the top of the dough with just a bit of flour, and place another sheet on top. Roll the dough out to ½-inch thick between two sheets, cut out, then place on parchment lined baking sheets. Continue with the other half of the dough.
- Heat a few tablespoons of Beary Berry Honey Lavender Honey in the microwave for just 10 seconds or so, and brush the cookies with the warm honey.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, until golden and set. Cool on pans for 10 minutes and then remove cookies from pans and let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!